itSMF International Whitepaper Competition
Submission Year – 2013
We are pleased to announce the 2013 International Whitepaper Competition! itSMF Chapters are invited to submit up to 3 papers for consideration from local members for consideration for the International award.
Submissions must be from "members in good standing” from a local chapter and must be assessed by a local judging panel before being submitted for the International competition.
Each submission should include:
- A Title
- The author’s name and organization
- A short synopsis of the paper, outlining its content and purpose
- An introductory section which details the scope of the paper and the issues that will be addressed within it.
- A summary section which gives an overview of the content and the key learning points the reader should understand having read the document.
The following should also be considered:
- We expect a high standard of grammar and spelling for submitted papers
- Submissions are permitted to display company logos in the header or footer of the document, and also on the front page.
- Vendors should not submit documents, which recommend their products, consultancy or training offerings, or are critical of other vendors’ services.
- By submitting the paper, the author gives itSMF International the right to distribute and reuse the paper for a period of three years from the closing date for entries. IP ownership will remain with the author.
- Papers must be submitted in Word format and should be accompanied by a brief biography of the writer.
Papers must be received by the Knowledge Management Portfolio owner (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than August 1, 2013. The top three entries will be submitted to the competition. All itSMF USA entries will be available for download from the Member’s only area of the itSMF USA website.
- Submit paper to the Knowledge Portfolio Chair (email@example.com) by July 1, 2013 for preliminary editing, if desired.
- Final submissions are due August 1, 2013 - MUST SIGN AND SUBMIT RELEASE AND SUBMISSION FORM (download below)
- The international winner will be announced at Fusion 13 (date TBA)
Both forms (itSMF Int’l and itSMF USA) must be submitted with the submitted whitepaper.
Download all forms below ...