itSMF Ohio Valley is excited to offer an exclusive opportunity to participate in a unique experience focused on bridging the gap between the business and IT. itSMF Ohio Valley will host Grab@Pizza - an interactive business simulation experience in which participants explore reasons for business & IT alignment failure and identify pragmatic steps for making it work.
The agenda will include an introduction to the concept of simulation workshops, a full blown execution of the simulation (not just a demo – participants will be fully engaged!), and wrap up with a round table discussion of the potential effectiveness of this alternative to traditional training and communication methods.
This is an exclusive opportunity for itSMF Ohio Valley – only 24 seats are available to this invitation-only event so register soon!
Many thanks to our generous sponsors - Cornerstone Service Management, Service Management Dynamix, and Miami University - whose support enables us to offer this event at no charge to participants!
Grab@Pizza: a pragmatic, experiential case exercise
Business & IT Alignment – making IT work for YOUR organization
- Is your IT organization being challenged with growing demands for IT, fueled by rapidly emerging technologies and the promise of IT as a business enabler?
- Is your IT organization faced with resourcing dilemmas, the challenge of balancing innovation with business-as-usual, and demand to do more with less?
- Are your IT services becoming increasingly mission critical, while poorly managed IT risks jeopardize security and continuity and reduce the value of IT investments?
- As an IT organization are you struggling to be seen as a strategic partner with the business, while the business struggles to effectively ‘Govern’ IT?
- Has your organization invested in ‘best practice’ frameworks but isn’t getting the hoped for value?
- Do you need to shift the IT culture and behavior from technology focused to business and customer focused?
These are indicators of why Business & IT alignment is STILL a top issue for CIOs and a priority concern for CEO’s. Experts talk about Business and IT ‘Fusion’ or ‘Integration’ or declare that IT is the business! A longstanding underlying problem remains - many IT organizations and many business organizations still struggle to manage and maintain a healthy relationship between the business & IT. They not only fail to realize the potential value of technology and IT services; they place long term business viability at risk. The results of a GamingWorks global survey into ABC (Attitude, Behavior & Culture) reveal a history of the same issues. It appears that current approaches to solving the business & IT alignment issue are NOT working! A different approach is needed!
Grab@Pizza is an interactive simulation experience in which participants explore reasons for Business & IT alignment failure and identify pragmatic steps for making it work.
Grab@Pizza is a very successful company selling millions of pizzas every year. After 6 months in the current year, sales figures are far below expectations. IT is posing a significant business risk due to downtime and inability to respond to changing business needs (Risk Optimization). The CEO urged the Business Manager to make a challenging recovery plan. This plan is based on a 6 month strategy to bring sales and profit back on target (Benefit Realization). Existing IT capabilities are inadequate; resources are tied up in ‘keeping the lights on’ rather than supporting and enabling innovation. The IT department must ensure appropriate capabilities are in place to execute the strategic plan and deliver sufficient, appropriate and effective resources to ensure benefits realization and risk mitigation (Resource Optimization).
In this simulation both business & IT functions are represented and will be confronted with their own roles and responsibilities, exploring their weaknesses, and agreeing together improvement actions; creating a shared vision and commitment to taking steps to solve the alignment challenge and create business value.
Who should attend?
- For ITIL professionals/experts: explore how to position IT Service Management as a strategic capability; explore the role and scope of the service manager.
- For IT managers: learn how to effectively utilize service management frameworks ITIL and COBIT, in conjunction with Business Relationship Management principles, as strategic capabilities and alignment instruments aimed at changing behavior – not simply implementing processes.
- For Business managers: explore how to enable effective IT decision making and value realization; discover what YOU must do to ensure that the Business and IT relationship issue can be resolved.
- For Improvement managers: learn how project or program managers responsible for IT transformation or ITSM improvement initiatives play a crucial role.
Why should you attend?
- Share insights and experiences with peers on how to tackle the issues.
- Hear from experienced practitioners examples from other organizations.
- Capture concrete, pragmatic insights and actions to take away.
- Learn critical success factors for making best practices work.
Join your Ohio Valley service management community to explore how a business simulation can help raise awareness and empower people to improve business and IT alignment!