Our Local and Special Interest Groups hold meetings throughout the year - allowing you to connect with your peers in the industry. You'll have opportunities to learn how others solved the IT challenges you're facing and how to get the results you need.
- Local Interest Groups (LIGs): Your membership enables you to participate in an engaging local community group of peers dedicated to service management.
Membership in a LIG is free when you join itSMF USA and joining your LIG will bring you more than an opportunity to connect, learn and grow with SIGs and priSM! priSM CPDs are available for attending IG events and meetings.
- Special interest Groups (SIGs): Your membership allows you to participate in or start a Special Interest Group. These groups focus on specific ITSM initiatives or industry vertical applications. Some current SIGs include CobIT, Higher Ed, ISO/IEC 20000
Special interest groups hold events, trainings and roundtables promoting learning and idea exchanges in our industry. You'll learn from experts and from one another.
Demonstrate your leadership and organizational skills and have fun by participating in the activities of a Local Interest Group near you.
Check our Event Listing to see what’s coming!
- Enhance your technical and managerial abilities with educational courses provided by accredited training vendors
- Get free access to educational papers and articles on the latest IT service management issues from leading IT industry experts, implementing ITSM and ITIL® based best practices
- Membership privileges include:
- Discounts on books and products available online
- A variety of webinars and online conferences
– Available on-demand or for download to mp3 format after they air.
– A listing of upcoming and recorded events on the Forum Online Events
– Access to itSMF USA "Members-Only” area of the web site
- Articles on the practical aspects of presentations
- White papers
- Employment opportunities
- Speakers Bureau
- Reduced registration rates for itSMF USA meetings, annual conference and other expositions
- Opportunities to network with your peers and keep current in your specialty. Meet with colleagues in your field of IT.
- Reduced registration fees for some ITIL® certification courses from participating training vendors
- Get access to industry research
- Take advantage of priSM, the new itSMF Professional Credential
– Be recognized as a credentialed professional under priSM
– To learn more about the program and about how a credential differs from a certification, visit our priSM information center
- We've ramped up our development of educational resources tied to issues on the minds of our members
- We now offer a constant feed of theme based information throughout the year to deliver innovative ideas and cutting edge insights ranging from ITSM techniques that work to success stories from the field
- Get near-term future insights to help you with today’s IT service management challenges from major industry analysts
- For the first time, itSMF USA will offer a unique event that mixes national exposure with local engagement
- 1,000+ Service Management professionals (estimated) will gather at sites across the US to participate in this unique, live itSMF USA event
Sources of ITSM Information Available to Members
- News bulletin now published twice a month – watch for important events!
- The "Source” theme – online journal featuring the best minds in ITSM.
- Articles written by Fusion participants - Cold Fusion
- Monthly podcasts
- Industry research
- Access to industry ITSM Leaders
- Recently released program on BiSL available as a LIG event
- Take advantage of the itSMF USA membership career services to help you find the job you want
- Attend presentations and panels
- Audio is available from previous Fusion Conference presentations
- Expand your skills and talents as a Chapter or LIG Volunteer
- Contribute to projects related to improving ITIL® best practices
- Improve your professional profile and presentation skills by contributing papers and articles to local, regional and national functions